Enrolment ProcessEnrolment Form
1. First Contact
We welcome and promote general enquiries from families regarding enrolments throughout the year.
It is important to know that the College is a learning community made up of supportive families seeking quality schooling within the Christian faith tradition. Families that are willing to commit to the College as outlined below should apply to have their children enrol.
Families need to commit to the College in the following ways:
- Educationally, in being an active partner in the education of their children.
- Financially, in the timely payment of fees and levies.
- Socially, in helping build up our College community for the benefit of our children and young people, by speaking positively and helping out occasionally as time permits.
- Respectfully, ensuring our ethos and purpose is promoted and maintaining positive relationships by speaking with staff members about issues and concerns through the correct channels.
- Prayerfully, in positively praying for their children, class, teachers and school.
- Additionally, parents may wish to help out on a regular basis as a volunteer.
Students need to:
- Agree to participate and seek to contribute positively to the life of the College. This commitment increases with age.
2. Submission of an Enrolment form (commencement of formal enrolment process)
Documentation required to be provided by you include:
- Enrolment Form
- Child’s Birth Certificate [other official documents may be used if no birth certificate is available: please consult us.] A copy of the birth certificate is fine if posting your documents to us otherwise we can copy your documents here for you.
- Recent school reports and educationally relevant documentation (ie. Naplan).
- There is no enrolment application fee at our College. (There is an enrolment confirmation fee that you pay to secure any enrolment placement offered to your child later in the process: this fee is credited to your account, that is, it goes towards your school fees).
- Please note; the Enrolment Form includes a Government required Standard Data Collection common to all Australian schools.
An Enrolment Form does not guarantee entry into the College but starts the enrolment consideration process.
Any placement offer will be based upon the information provided by you during the enrolment process. In the event that any of this information is subsequently revealed to be inaccurate, false or misleading and the College was induced to make the offer based on the information, the College reserves the right to review the enrolment and may decide to withdraw the offer, or if it has been accepted, terminate the agreement.
If it transpires after enrolment that the educational needs of a student are beyond the reasonable capacity of the College to meet, the College may review the enrolment in consultation with you.
Further, if an enrolled student’s behaviour fails to meet the standards of the College, in particular in relation to respect towards others, self-harm or harm to others, the College reserves the right to terminate the agreement.
Enrolment Form applications can be forwarded to: Registrar, PO Box 420 Ormeau QLD 4208 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Enrolment Consideration Process
We will consider the information you have provided to allow the families and the College to determine educational need and available resources before an offer is made.
- Potential students may have to undertake testing so that the student’s education needs maybe audited along with a review of report cards etc.
- Depending on results or the information contained in the application, some students may be required to undergo further testing before their enrolment application can proceed.
- In some situations external consultant reports may be required. Families may incur costs gaining these reports.
- Senior Students (Year 10–12) will need their Senior Education Profile pathway designed with the Head of School (Secondary) and/or our Careers Advisor.
4. Formal Interview with the Head of School
Once enough information is available for us to determine the educational need of the proposed student, an interview with the family and the child will be arranged. This process is usually completed well in advance for main entry point applications; however, we understand and aim to support new families seeking to enrol their children during the year if possible.
The purpose of the interview is to discuss the suitability of the College, Family and Student to each other. We consider the:
- Educational offerings and needs of the children.
- Shared values in regards to the ethos of the College.
- Financial, social and cooperation commitment of parents to the College.
- The commitment of the student to contribute positively to the College community.
This discussion gives all parties the opportunity to consider these aspects before entering into an educational partnership through a formal contract. Following the interview the College will determine if an enrolment placement will be offered. Likewise, parents will also be able to evaluate the College to determine if what the College offers is suitable for their family and the learning needs of their children.
Following the interview, the College will notify you to confirm if a placement is offered or not.
6. Securing a Placement
To secure any offer of placement, the family will need to:
- submit a signed Enrolment Contract with the College
- submit other required documents (eg Medical, Birth Certificate)
- pay the enrolment confirmation fee of $150.00 per fee paying student. This is a non–refundable payment that will be credited to your school account.
7. Final steps
Following these actions the College will issue you with an information letter letting you know the next steps, including commencement date and a copy of the signed enrolment contract.
We would like to thank you for considering our College for your child’s education. As an overview please see the last page which shows the flow of our enrolment process, and will help you to know where you are up to in that process. Should you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact the Registrar on (07) 5540 8618 or email email@example.com