Learning at Livingstone is designed to be engaging and relevant for 21st century learners. We offer a diverse range of subjects including academic, vocational and trade pathways. Our curriculum is Christ-centred and Bible-based, whilst also meeting all government and tertiary entrance requirements. The College desires for all students to engage in a balanced and exemplary targeted learning program permeated with the skills and processes that develop literacy, numeracy, life-skills, creativity and critical thinking.
We believe the curriculum that we undertake should:
- be relevant and authentic.
- connect to the everyday while containing eternal truths.
- draw on the life experiences of the students.
- be inclusive through acknowledging and valuing uniqueness and differences in gender, cultural background, family circumstance and disability.
- be engaging.
- meet Federal and State government requirements
- be transforming.
To achieve these outcomes we use a range of teaching methods, including those that promote worthwhile thinking strategies based on best practice teaching methods.