Minimum Device Requirements
Minimum of 6-8 hours. The battery needs to be able to last the day.
Wifi: ac or a/b/g/n
Devices with only b/g/n will NOT connect to our 5Ghz Wifi The device wireless specification needs to contain the number 802.11 and the specification ‘ac’ or ‘a’. This is commonly listed as 802.11ac or 802.11 a/b/g/n.
Windows 8.1 (Windows 10 Recommended) or MAC OSX 10.9 or newer. Windows 10 can be downloaded for free from onthehub.com using the students email address.
CPU or Processor:
A minimum of an i3 processor or equivalent.
Minimum of 128GB of storage.
Requirements for optional software
Graphics, Film & TV and Media Studies
We have dedicated computer labs for the above subjects.
As such you are not required to install the software used in these classes on your BYOD device.
There is enough class time for the students to get their work done in class using the specialist software like the AutoCAD, Inventor and Adobe Premier Pro and After Effects.
However, if you choose to install this software on your BYOD device, there are some additional hardware requirements.
- Autodesk can be downloaded for free by following our guide on the software downloads
Film & TV and Media Studies
Adobe Master Suite and has a $38.50 fee.
Adobe Design and Web there is no additional charge
- Adobe Creative Cloud will require between 15GB – 25GB of storage depending on which applications you install from the suite. So you may want a hard disk that is larger then 128GB.
- Adobe suite requires a 64-bit operating system.
- Premier Pro and After Effects are part of the Adobe Master Suite and has a $38.50 fee payable at reception. Once paid our IT department can activate the software for you.
- If you only need the software from Adobe Design and Web there is no additional charge and our IT department can activate it for you.
- Installation instructions for Adobe Creative Cloud can be found at on our software downloads page. Update: Adobe Flash is now called Adobe Animate.